Paragliding Winter Cup 2019
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Nova Gorica).
Registration will be opened: Wednesday, 30.01.2019 10AM - Sunday, 03.02.2019 10PM.
First selection will be announced on Wednesday, 06.02.2019.
1st March (Friday) - 4th March (Monday) + reserve days: 5th and 6th March (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Reserve dates: 8th March (Friday) - 11th March (Monday) + reserve days: 12th and 13th March (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Please make sure you are able to attend both dates, original and reserve days. We will not refund the pre-payments in case you are not able to attend reserve days.
- The idea behind two reserve days is to have longer period and more chances to do the valid comp... Example: If we will see first two competition days Friday and Saturday unflyable, we will start with the comp on Sunday. All the decisions will be sended by mail to the competitors 2-3 days prior.
- Maximum competition days is 5. In case we will start with the task on Friday, we will use only one reserve day (Tuesday). In case we will start with the comp on Saturday or Sunday, we may also use second reserve day.
- We will use reserve days until we have at least three valid tasks.
- In case of not proper weather conditions (no decent chances for comp with 2-3 tasks), we will use the reserve dates - one week later, same schedule.
Nova Gorica (Lijak take off). HQ will be located at the landing.
Read more about competition area.
The competition is open for 100 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC).
- EARLY BIRD: 30 first registrated pilots (only registration, payment instruction will be sended later)
- WPRS - 10 pilots
- SLOVENIAN PILOTS (Slovenian league) - 30 pilots
- FEMALE PILOTS - 5 pilots
- YOUNG PILOTS - 5 pilots
- LOTTERY - 10 pilots
- REGULAR COMPETITORS: 10 pilots
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
Prizes & awards
Prize money 1.000 € for category winners (each category winner will receive 200€).
Trophies in all categories: OVERALL, SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Entry fee payments
Entry fee: 130€
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment!
After selection we will send the payment instructions by mail. You will be able to reserve your spot with pre-payment (60€ + 70€) as usual. The rest you will pay at your arrival to Nova Gorica or in days before the event.
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment 65€ + 50€)
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Live tracking,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & trophies for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 14 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cancellation less than 14 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- Postponing the comp to reserve days: If you are unable to attend the reserve days, we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event (after RESERVE DATES) based on weather prediction we will keep 20€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.