Soca Open Valley - Slovenian Open 2019
photo by: Wojciech Kocot
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley). Registration is open from: Tuesday, 19.03.2019 10.00AM until Sunday, 24.03.2019 10AM-
There is no time-based priority this time, you have whole week available for the registration.
CANCELLED: 27th April - 01st May (+ reserve day 2nd May 2019) - POSTPONED TO RESERVE DATES
Reserve dates: 1st May - 5th May (no reserve day)
- We will use reserve day until we have at least three valid tasks.
- Please make sure you are able to attend both dates, original and reserve days. We will not refund the pre-payments in case you are not able to attend reserve days.
- Final decision regarding dates.
- In case of not proper weather conditions (no decent chances for comp with 2-3 tasks), we will use the reserve dates. It is some ovelapping between orginigal dates and reserve dates this time.
- All the decisions regarding starting the race will be sended by mail to the competitors 2-3 days prior.
Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley (take offs Kobala, Lijak). HQ will be located at the Camp Gabrje.
Read more about HQ Camp Gabrje
Total accepted pilots number: 110
The competition is open for 110 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC).
- SLOVENIAN PILOTS (Slovenian Open 2019) - all pilots
- WPRS - 30 pilots
- FEMALE PILOTS - 10 pilots (wprs selection)
- YOUNG PILOTS - 10 pilots (age priority, ascending)
- LOTTERY - 10 pilots
- REGULAR COMPETITORS - organisers selection: 10 pilots
- NOT SELECTED TO WINTER CUP 2019: 10 pilots
Selection date: 25.03.2019
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
Prizes & awards
Trophies and practical awards in all categories: SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Entry fee payment
Entry fee: 140€
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment!
After selection we will send the payment instructions by mail. You will be able to reserve your spot with pre-payment (60€ + 80€) as usual. The rest you will pay at your arrival to Tolmin or in days before the event.
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment 60€ + 60€)
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Live tracking,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 14 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cancellation less than 14 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- Postponing the comp to reserve days: If you are unable to attend the reserve days, we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event (after RESERVE DATES) based on weather prediction we will keep 30€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.
Authors of photos below: Wojciech Kocot, Karolina Kociencka and photo contest Serial cup 2018