Soca Open Valley 2018
photo by: Wojciech Kocot
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley). Registration is open from: Friday, 26.01.2018 10.00AM
Competition days: 27th April - 30th April (+ reserve days 1st and 2nd May 2018)
We will use reserve days in case less than three valid tasks will be flown before last competition days.
Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley (take offs Kobala, Lijak). HQ will be located at the Camp Gabrje.
Read more about HQ Camp Gabrje
Total accepted pilots number: 110
The competition is open for 110 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC).
Registrations will be accepted on the first come first serve basis for first 80 pilots.
Additional 30 pilots will be selected from pilots waiting list. Priority will goes to:
- WPRS ranking: 10
- Slovenian and Croatian pilots: 10
- Other factors: 10
Selection date: 15.03.2018
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
Prizes & awards
Trophies and practical awards in all categories: SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Your place at the competition will be confirmed after receiving payment!
Registration is open from: Friday, 26.01.2018 10.00AM
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment. The rest you will pay at your arrival to Tolmin or in days before the event.
- REGULAR, for pilots registered & confirmed after 80 pilots: 135 € (pre-payment 75 € + 60 €)
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment + 40€)
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the other part of the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event based on weather prediction the organiser will keep 20€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.
- Gašper Prevc 01.05.2018photos by Alen Milavec
- Gašper Prevc 29.04.2018The winner of the taks today is Joze Molek, who reached the goal before Peter Vyparina and Emil Červenan. Winner of the first two task Aaron Durogati was...
- Gašper Prevc 28.04.2018Today we set 71 km long task in Soca Valley and surrounding mountains. Among 97 pilots around 40 pilots reached the goal in camp Gabrje. The winner is again...
- Gašper Prevc 27.04.2018Due to Bora wind and cloud cover in North Slovenia we have decided to do the task in Lijak. Decision was right, we had nice flying conditions in the afternoon...
- 1 of 2
- next ›