Soca Open Valley 2016
Official 5-days FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley).
RESERVE DATES: 12th June (Sunday) - 15th June (Tuesday) + reserve day 16th June (Thursday)
We will use reserve day in case less than three valid tasks will be flown before last competition day.
Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley (take offs Kobala, Lijak). HQ will be located at the Camp Gabrje.
Read more about HQ Camp Gabrje
Total accepted pilots number: 110
110 pilots will be accepted on the first come first serve basis.
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC). Gliders purchased more than two years before event need valid tehnical check sticker!
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone.
Prizes & awards
Prize money 1.000 € for category winners (each category winner will receive 200€).
Trophies and practical awards in all categories: SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Your place at the competition will be confirmed after receiving payment!
Entry fee payments
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment! The rest you will pay at your arrival to Tolmin or in days before the event.
- REGULAR, for pilots registered & confirmed after 80 pilots: 125 € (pre-payment 75 € + 50 €)
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment + 30€)
Payment is possible by paypal or by bank transfer.
BANK TRANFER DETAILS:
Športni klub Lep oblak, Gradišče 7, SI-1360 Vrhnika, EU-Slovenia
IBAN: SI56 1010 0004 9806 973
Bank details: Banka Koper d.d., Pristaniška ulica 14, SI-6502 Koper, EU-Slovenia
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the other part of the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- Postponing the competition to reserve dates: If you are unable to attend the reserve dates for the competition, you have 3 days after cancellation to report it. In this case we will refund you all the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event (after RESERVE DATES) based on weather prediction the organiser will keep 15 € per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.
- Gašper Prevc 09.06.2016Due to the instable weather forecast for the next weekend we need to cancel the race for this year. foto by: Wojciech Kocot
- Gašper Prevc 17.05.2016Reserve date for the event has changed for one day. We will start the event one day later (on Sunday, 12th June). Reserve and final competition day is Thursday...