Paragliding winter cup 2018
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Nova Gorica). Registration is opened from: Thursday, 11.01.2018 10AM. All available places for early registration are occupied. Another 30 pilots will be selected 21.1.2018
23th Februar (Friday) - 26th Februar (Monday) + reserve days: 27th and 28th Februar (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Reserve dates: 2nd March (Friday) - 05th March (Monday) + reserve days: 06th and 07th March (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- We will use reserve days until we have at least three valid tasks.
- The idea behind two reserve days is to have longer period and more chances to do the valid comp... Example: If we will see first two competition days Friday and Saturday unflyable, we will start with the comp on Sunday. All the decisions will be sended by mail to the competitors 2-3 days prior.
- In case of not proper weather conditions (no decent chances for comp with 2-3 tasks), we will use the reserve dates - one week later 2nd March (Friday) - 07th March (Tuesday) + reserve days: 08th and 09th March (Wednesday and Thursday)
Nova Gorica (Lijak take off). HQ will be located at the landing.
Read more about competition area.
The competition is open for 110 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC). Registrations will be accepted on the first come first serve basis for first 80 pilots. Additional 30 pilots will be selected from pilots waiting list.
Priority will go to: 10 WPRS, 10 Slovenian and Croatian pilots, 10 other factors
The selection will be done on 25th Januar 2018.
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
Prizes & awards
Prize money 1.000 € for category winners (each category winner will receive 200€).
Trophies in all categories: OVERALL, SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Entry fee payments
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment! The rest you will pay at your arrival to Nova Gorica or in days before the event.
- REGULAR, for pilots registered & confirmed after 80 pilots: 135 € (pre-payment 75€ + 60€)
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment + 40€)
Payment is possible by paypal or by bank transfer.
Registration is opened from: Thursday, 11.01.2018 10AM. All available places for early registration are occupied. Another 30 pilots will be selected 21.1.2018
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Live tracking,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- Postponing the comp to reserve days: If you are unable to attend the reserve days, we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event (after RESERVE DATES) based on weather prediction we will keep 20€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.