Paragliding winter cup 2016
Official 5-days FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Nova Gorica). Competition is full, we do not accept any more claims.
Competition days: 5th March (Saturday) - 8th March 2015 (Tuesday) + reserve day 9th March (Wednesday)
Competition place: Nova Gorica (Lijak take off). HQ will be located at the landing.
Read more about competition area.
- We will use reserve day in case less than three valid tasks will be flown before last competition day.
- In case of not proper weather conditions (no chances for at least 1-2 valid tasks) we will use the reserve dates - one week later 12th March (Saturday) - 15th March 2015 (Tuesday) + reserve day: 16th March (Wednesday)
The competition is open for 110 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC). Registrations will be accepted on the first come first serve basis.
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
COMPETITION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone.
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
PRIZES & AWARDS
Prize money 1.000 € for category winners (each category winner will receive 200€).
Trophies and practical awards in all categories: SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
ENTRY FEE and PAYMENTS
Competition is full, we do not accept any more claims.
PAYMENT ANDS REFUND RULES
For cancellations 30 days before first competition days we refund all entry fees.
For cancellations less than 30 days before competition we do not refund pre-payments.
In case of organisers cancellation of event based on weather prediction we will keep 10 € per pilot for covering organising costs, all other part of payments we will refund to competitors.
- Gašper Prevc 10.03.2016It is two days before the event now and we have now more clear image of the weather situation for competition. For the original dates we had problems with...
- Gašper Prevc 02.03.2016COMPETITION IS POSTPONED! Weather forecast for competition days didnt change much within last days, so i think we can make final anouncement a bit earlier this...
- Gašper Prevc 21.12.2015Presentation of the event Paragliding winter cup 2016 is online! As previus years this will be the first cross country paragliding race in the central Europe...