CZECH, SLOVAK, LITHUANIAN OPEN 2019
photo by: Wojchiech Kocot
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley).
25th August (Sunday) - 30th August (+ reserve day 31st August 2019)
We will use reserve day until we have at least five valid tasks.
Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley (take offs Kobala, Lijak). HQ will be located at the Camp Gabrje.
Read more about HQ Camp Gabrje
Total accepted pilots number: 120
The competition is open for 120 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC).
- CZECH PILOTS - 55 pilots
- SLOVAK PILOTS - 35 pilots
- LITHUANIAN PILOTS - 25 pilots
- ORGANISERS SELECTION - 15 pilots
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
Prizes & awards
Trophies and practical awards in all categories: OVERALL, SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Entry fee payment
Entry fee: 175€
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment!
After selection we will send the payment instructions by mail. You will be able to reserve your spot with pre-payment (75€ + 100€) as usual. The rest you will pay at your arrival to Tolmin or in days before the event.
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment 75€ + 80€)
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Live tracking,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- Postponing the comp to reserve days: If you are unable to attend the reserve days, we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event based on weather prediction we will keep 40€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.
photos by: Gabriel Alexandru Ivan
- Gašper Prevc 28.08.2019We finally have the task and the task was nice, almost 70km long! Most of the pilots enjoyed in flsying today and finished the task. Due to overdevelopment the...
- Gašper Prevc 28.08.2019Today all pilots has started the race, but due to strong bora wind and overdevelopment we were forced to stop the task after one hour and the task was not...
- Gašper Prevc 26.08.2019Also today we hae too strong wind conditions. Taks comittee decided to cancel the day and organise rafting trip to Bovec instead.
- Gašper Prevc 25.08.2019Task 1 was cancelled at the take off due to too strong wind and rough flying conditions. Most of the pilots decided to fly and do some training for the next...