SLOVENIAN OPEN 2020
photo by: Wojchiech Kocot
Registration to the event is open from 16.7.2020.
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley).
07th September (Monday) - 13th September (Sunday) + reserve day 14th September 2020 (Monday)
We will use reserve day only in case the first competition day has to be cancelled due to bad weather situation (final decision will be announced two days before event) AND less than four valid tasks will be flown before reserve day.
Camp Gabrje, Soca Valley (take offs Kobala, Lijak). HQ will be located at the Camp Gabrje.
Read more about HQ Camp Gabrje
Total accepted pilots number: 100
The competition is open for 100 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC).
Pilots selection (priority):
- SLOVENIAN PILOTS (SLOVENIAN CHAMPIONSHIP)
- GERMAN PILOTS (GERMAN CHAMPIONSHIP)
- WPRS selection
- FEMALE PILOTS (wprs selection)
- JUNIOR PILOTS (selection by age)
Pilots selection list will be announced after 01.08.2020.
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CATEGORIES (SLOVENIAN CHAMPIONSHIP, GERMAN CHAMPIONSHIP)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 25 years, certified gliders up to EN-D)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range.
Prizes & awards
Trophies in all categories: OVERALL, SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
Practical awards for top 3 overall pilots in value of 1000€.
Entry fee payment
Entry fee: 185€
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment!
After selection we will send the payment instructions by mail. You will be able to reserve your spot with pre-payment (85€ + 100€) as usual. The rest you will pay at registration at HQ.
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 25 years old! (pre-payment 85€ + 80€)
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Live tracking,
- Goal drink,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
We will follow all national restrictions and regulations in order to prevent spread of coronavirus.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cacellation less than 30 days before event and your country will be at the list of countries for crossing the borders without restrictions, we will keep a reservation fee (85€), other part of the payment will be refunded.
- In case of cancellation less than 30 days before event and your country won`t be at the list of countries for crossing the borders without restrictions , we will keep 40€ for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots..
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event due to inappropriate weather prediction (no chances for at least 2 tasks) or prohibition to run the competition due to coronavirus, we will keep 20€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.
photos by: Gabriel Alexandru Ivan
Competiton is finishedGašper Prevc 12.09.2020Ker ne kaže več, da bi danes ali v prihodnjih dneh še lahko leteli, je tekmovanje zaključeno z eno tekmovalno nalogo. Čestitke zmagovalcem!
Day 4: No task due strong windGašper Prevc 11.09.2020Lep in sončen dan ni dovolj za izpeljavo tekme; močan vzhodnik, ki je odpihnil že včerajšnjo tekmo, se je danes še dodatno okrepil, zato se tokrat niti nismo...
The wind blew task 3 awayGašper Prevc 10.09.2020Že od prihoda na vzletišče so sunki vetra dajali bolj malo upanja, da bo izvedba tekmovalne discipline mogoča. Kljub temu je komisija sestavila razmeram...
Day threeGašper Prevc 10.09.2020Ker se vzhodnik popoldne nekoliko okrepi, bomo danes začeli prej. Prva runda tekmovalcev se je iz meglene doline že odpravila proti Kobali.
- 1 of 3
- next ›