Paragliding winter cup 2017
Competition is postponed to reserve dates 11.3. - 16.3.2017
Official FAI-2 competition, organised in Slovenia (Nova Gorica). Competition is full.
Reserve dates: 11th March (Saturday) - 14th March (Tuesday) + reserve days: 15th and 16th March (Wednesday)
- We will use reserve days in case less than three valid tasks will be flown before last competition days.
- In case of not proper weather conditions (no chances for at least 1-2 valid tasks) we will use the reserve dates - one week later 11th March (Saturday) - 14th March (Tuesday) + reserve days: 15th and 16th March (Wednesday)
Nova Gorica (Lijak take off). HQ will be located at the landing.
Read more about competition area.
The competition is open for 100 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC). Registrations will be accepted on the first come first serve basis for first 85 pilots. Additional 15 pilots will be selected from pilotsa waiting list according to WPRS ranking 1 month before event.
- OVERALL (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
- SPORT CLASS (certified gliders EN-C)
- FUN CLASS (certified gliders up to EN-B)
- JUNIOR CUP (pilots up to 28 years, flying certified gliders up to EN-C)
- FEMALE PILOTS (certified gliders EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C, EN/LTF D, CCC)
Competition entry requirements
- Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid tehnical check, you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
Prizes & awards
Prize money 1.000 € for category winners (each category winner will receive 200€).
Trophies in all categories: OVERALL, SPORT CLASS, FUN CLASS, JUNIOR CUP, FEMALE PILOTS.
Entry fee payments
Reserve your place at the event with pre-payment! The rest you will pay at your arrival to Nova Gorica or in days before the event.
- REGULAR, for pilots registered & confirmed after 70 pilots (also selected pilots according to WPRS): 125 € (pre-payment 75 € + 50 €)
Discount 20 € for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment + 30€)
Payment is possible by paypal or by bank transfer.
Bank transfer details
Športni klub Lep oblak, Gradišče 7, SI-1360 Vrhnika, EU-Slovenia
IBAN: SI56 1010 0004 9806 973
Bank details: Banka Koper d.d., Pristaniška ulica 14, SI-6502 Koper, EU-Slovenia
Entry fee includes
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners,
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
Payment and refund rules
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- Postponing the competition to reserve dates: If you are unable to attend the reserve dates for the competition, you have 3 days after cancellation to report it. In this case we will refund you all the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- In case of organiser cancellation of the event (after RESERVE DATES) based on weather prediction the organiser will keep 15 € per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.
- Gašper Prevc 01.03.2017I am receiving more and more mails about the comp regarding bad weather prediction... Here is the decision:1. Weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) are for sure...
- 27.01.2017WINTER CUP registration Again we have received tons of requests for entering the comp within the first few hours... At the moment we have 100 pilots who...